WHO WE ARE
We are a group of people from varied backgrounds who have been joined together by the grace of God to pursue four key objectives:
- to joyfully exalt the triune God,
- to faithfully declare the Christ-centred Word,
- to intentionally demonstrate Christian love, and
- to zealously evangelise our community and world.
Crosspoint Church is a member of the Fellowship of Reformed Baptist Churches in New Zealand (FRBCNZ). The church began in February 2005, but our heritage can be traced back historically to the period of the Reformation in Europe. We understand that the Reformation was itself a rediscovery of the practices of the Early Church which were built upon the foundation of the Word of God and its application by New Testament believers.
Christianity is a historic faith which, under God’s blessing, has withstood many attacks over the centuries. We appreciate our heritage and respect the men and women who gave their lives in the fight for the freedom to worship God according to a conscience bound only by the Bible. For this reason we uphold the five watchwords of the Reformation:
- Scripture Alone: the
Bible is the infallible revelation of God and is the only
authority by which we may know what to believe and how to
live in a manner pleasing to him
19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:14-17).
- By Grace Alone: the
forgiveness of sin (our rebellion against God expressed in
various ways) is given freely as the undeserved favour of a
5:15; Ephesians 2:8; 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:7).
- Through Faith Alone:
salvation is received only by faith (trust/belief) in the
provision of forgiveness and new life as a gift from God; it
cannot be earned through living good lives
5:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- In Christ Alone: the
substitution of Jesus Christ in the place of the sinner
(taking the sinner's deserved punishment and providing
freedom from slavery to sin to serve God as rightful Master)
is the only means by which God's holy justice is satisfied
and sinners can be granted forgiveness
4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 Peter 3:18).
- To the Glory of God Alone:
the purpose of God's saving work is to enable us to honour
him as we were designed to do. The method of salvation
glorifies God's grace and those saved by him live
to magnify his eternal love
11:33-36; 1 Corinthians 10:31).
Our priority is expressed in our name, Crosspoint Church: we glory in the cross of Christ for the message of the cross is the power of God to those who are being saved. This message is symbolised in our logo which incorporates an arrow pointing to a cross:
- the red colour represents the blood of Christ: the cross is not important in itself, but because it was the place at which Christ shed his blood and atoned for our sins (cf. Galatians 6:14).
- the grey/silver colour in the cross serves to also present the cross as a sword, because the message of the cross in the Bible—the sword of the Spirit—is the power of God (cf. 1 Corinthians 1:18).
- the yellow ‘sun’ represents Christ—the sun of righteousness—who died and rose again to bring healing to our souls (cf. Malachi 4:2).
- the arch is reminiscent of the rainbow and points to the promise of peace with God through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.
Please contact us if you would like further information